Week before Christmas


It was the week before Christmas and all through the house, there was a frantic search for spare christmas light bulbs, unravelling of garlands, the smell of spicy Christmas biscuits being made. Yes, I've finally got there, took me a while to get into the swing of it, but I got there. There is a kind of momentum that carries you along, part of which is the whole going round the shops, Christmas music thing, which I don't do. Lots of homemade things and ordering online but I do not do the annual slog round the shops. I thought I'd go for an alternative to the Christmas tree this year, let my, not so inner, stylist loose with some branches and some white paint. A big pot to stick them in, some fairy lights for a bit uplighting, a few of my favourite baubles and, hey presto, a very chic looking little arrangement. Which does not drop needles all over the floor. And the paper snowflakes, oh, the floors were covered in a confetti of paper from cutting all of these, but god, how addictive it proved to be! Once I'd started I couldn't stop. Not that I made anything that fancy I just loved doing it. And very effective all strung upin the living room. I blame Pinterest myself. So now I am going to spend the rest of the week doing some cooking and baking, my daughter comes home at the weekend when she and her dad will cover the kitchen in icing sugar and flour making mince pies together, as they have done every year since she was little. I will be back in the New Year. Hope you can join me then, in the meantime, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and wishing you all the best for the coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment